BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy November

So it has been a while since I have blogged. My greatest apologies. I have a hard time keeping up with some things, this included. So I will catch up from where I left off, game 163.

The day started off with me driving from Winona to Richfield. Then from Richfield to St. Cloud to pick up Greg then back to Richfield to get Abby then off to the dome. We should have taken the light rail because parking downtown was absolutely ridiculous. We finally parked at the U of M visitor parking lot and walked. Got into the game around the 2nd inning and got to our seats. The crowd was electric and we couldn't believe we were actually there.

As the game went on, the more stressful it was. Detroit scored, we scored. Back and forth. Leaving runners on base and not getting those clutch hits. So hard to watch. Sometimes I thought that I was going to have a heart attack from all the anticipation and stress. Anyways, when they finally won, we went nuts, as did everyone else. We didn't get out of the metrodome and to our car till an hour after the game ended. After we decided to go and celebrate till 5am (which was rough the next day). The playoffs were disappointing but that game was the best game I could have asked for, especially it being the last one in the dome. Very excited for next season and Target Field.

Homecoming was good. I was drunk by 8:30am but lost it when the Twins game started. Never really got it back. But it was good seeing everyone that I did. Just wish the weather would have cooperated better and we would have been able to hang out outside.

The weekend after homecoming I went up to St. Cloud for their homecoming/my cousins 21st birthday. I got a lot more drunk than I planned on. But got to meet some cool people and hang out with an old friend.

Weekend after that I got to get on a plane and head to Utah. It was amazing to say the least. We weren't sure if we were going to get on the plane. Actually, we didn't think we would at all once we saw the wait list and the people going on. But after everyone boarded, they called my name up to the podium and I told the gate agent that I wouldn't be able to get on the flight without the two below me getting on as well. She checked her computer and sure enough, she had enough seats just not by each other. We were fine with that. Just happy to be on the plane heading out of cold weather. My mom got on the flight after us and we all ended up spending the night in Salt Lake City because my cousin Ty had a Special Olympics competition the next day in the city.

Needless to say, I'm very excited to move out there next fall (fingers crossed that my university will allow it) and experience a different place and scenery. We got to go on a hike up between two mountains and the colors were gorgeous. We also went golfing at a course just a few blocks from their house. We also went onto Utah State University campus and got ice cream and went to their bookstore. Needless to say, I didn't want to leave and it was a very needed break.

The weekend after Utah I stayed in Winona and did nothing. Just relaxed and caught up on some things. Then last weekend was Halloween. That was a lot of fun. I usually hate Halloween because I hate spending money on a costume that you won't ever wear for the rest of the year. So I figured I would just find something in my closet to wear. When it got closer to evening, I didn't like what I had and had to think of something really quick to make. The end result? Going as a bag of Jelly Beans. Everyone loved my costume, especially after when they asked me what I was. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone in costume and seeing some old friends that I haven't seen in a while. The night was a complete success and I couldn't be happier about it :).

I'm missing watching the Twins terribly but the Vikings are making things fun and NCAA basketball starts soon! Go Tar Heels! Just hoping the Phillies and pull off another win and win this world series!!!

0 comments: