BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 9, 2009

A Very Personal Sonnet

I wrote this sonnet for my creative writing class. My professor usually chooses 3-5 poems to have read in class and mine was one of them. he said I did a great job on this and I just had to make some changes. Here is the poem. Emjoy.

I’ve always been careful with my bruised heart;
Been scared about breaking off another part.
Haven’t found love in over four long years.
Maybe this time I won’t drown in tears.

We haven’t even known each other very long,
Yet these past two weeks have left me with a strong
Feeling that things are going right this time
And I want everything to be sublime.

I am scared that I might go and screw this up,
So please let me know when I’m talking too much.
Just reach out and give me a soft touch.

I admit I’m not good with being patient.
Sorry if this seems a little rushed.
I’m just scared to be heartbroken and crushed.

0 comments: