BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

work

I was trying to figure out a good subject to write about tonight since my life is so dull until something came to my mind. Work. It's a big deal right now in my life and so many changes have been happening that I feel like is important to address.

So at the beginning of the year, my Caribou got a new manager. Our last manager was AMAZING and it was really sad to see him move to another store. However, this isn't the first time that I have had to deal with a new manager coming into a store I'm working at. I don't think I could even count how many different managers I have worked with during my time with the company (rough estimate is 10, many more if you count all the different stores I have helped out at). Needless to say, I'm used to having to deal with different managers and know that when a new one comes in, there will always be turnover within the store. For me, I'm shocked at how people at my store are handling the new manager. There are a few of us that know how to deal with it but for some, change is a scary thing and having to step up and prove yourself to someone new is just something that someone doesn't want to do. Maybe it is because I don't have to directly work with the new manager all the time, but I haven't had the problems that other workers claim to have.

On saturday when I worked, I couldn't believe at how much bashing was going on. I understand that it's hard to just pick up in a store that is used to their ways so you need to allow for some difficulties at first. Many people have been complaining about the schedule problems (including the person who did the scheduling before him) and I just want to remind everyone that when our old scheduler started doing the schedules, everything was horrible. I know I wasn't getting the hours that I should have been getting and there was so many people who would just complain about the scheduling. Basically, I just wish people would try to accept the change and learn how to go about it and to stop complaining so much. I don't need to hear about it and I'm not going to agree with you because I have no problems really. I am getting the hours I want and am very thankful to have my job.

0 comments: