BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 3, 2009

Central Air

Ever since I was born, our house has never had central air. Instead, we had the air conditioners that you put in the window. We only had two of them, one for the living room that was supposed to cool the entire first floor, and one in my parents room, on the first floor because my dad can't sleep in anything warmer than 60 degrees. More background history: During high school and before, I lived upstairs, where there was no air condition whatsoever. Some nights when it was really hot, I would sleep downstairs on the couch but most nights I braved it out. Now, since college, my brother has my old room since it is bigger and I have his on the first floor. Last year, he got an air conditioning unit for his room so now the upstairs was cool. My parents still had theirs and the living room had theirs. The only room that wasn't cooled off then was my room. This sucked major. Especially now when I am used to sleeping in <60 degree weather at school. But then, some good news came about.

I had forgotten all about the MAC decision that certain areas around the airport would get X amount of money for central air/windows/doors. Turns out, our house will get about $14000. My parents were going back and forth on windows or central air/new doors. If you can imagine, I was rooting for central air because I wanted it in my room! Well, my parents went to a meeting last night and it turns out we will be getting the central air. Mostly because we will probably end up getting a new furnace and circuit breaker at no extra cost since the central air will need those to operate correctly. Therefore, I will get to sleep in a cool room in my house in my own bed for the first time this summer! I cannot wait!

0 comments: