BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

opening day remarks

Last night as I sat at a bar stool at the end of the bar with a twins game on in front of me and the UNC/MICH game to the left of that, I was in heaven. I had my two favorite sports on with two of my favorite teams (I am a Tar Heels fan). I'm sure I looked a little strange because for a while, I was sitting all alone with only twins fans till the NCAA game started. Once the Twins game got a little bit more interesting, I got a little bit louder and got talking to the other twins players and bartenders. Finally my friends joined me and we made plans to go to the Twins game next Wednesday. I'm hella excited.

Last night, we got out-pitched. We could NOT produce runs when he had runners in scoring position. It was very disappointing. I have my best and worse players from last night as follows:

Worst: Cuddy. And I love cuddy so this breaks my heart. But he couldn't get a darn run in to save his life when there was runners on base. Instead he looked like a young Torii Hunter going after a slider way out of the strike zone. I know that he doesn't have good numbers against Hernandez but I was hoping he could change that. Yes he did get a single but still should of produced better.

Best: Redmond. When I saw him get hit with the bat, I gasped. It looked pretty bad. I knew that Redmond was used to getting banged up a lot but he usually can work through it since he only has to play one game a week. However, we NEED him. And i was really impressed when he led off the next inning with a typical red-dog double. It really showed us his leadership in the clubhouse. I was really excited then when Nick Punto hit a single after that too.

I was surprised at Casilla's defense this game. It looked like to me that he should of had two balls that fell for base hits. I hope that he can step it up because he is a great 2B and can save us a lot of hits with his range.

I was happy to see Crede playing smoothly at 3B. He had a lot of balls hit to him and he didn't seem to have problems with fielding the ball and his bat. Now we just have to wait around for his offense to spark.

All in all, I was disappointed with the game, but at the same time, still insightful for the upcoming season. We have Blackburn pitching tonight and it should be a good match-up. Hopefully our offense will get something started and we can still take this first series at the metrodome.

0 comments: