BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 6, 2009

Opening Day

Today is a great day to be a baseball fan. After months and months of waiting, the great season of baseball comes back. Many people think that 162 games just gets to be too long but I think it isn't long enough. I love every part of baseball season. I personally cannot wait till June when I will be back in the Cities so I can go to many games, especially Wednesdays when I can go with one person and see about 15 people that I know once I get to the game. Plus it costs me only $4 bucks and dollar dome dogs. Cannot get better than that!

I'm saddened that I will not be able to attend tonight's opener, the last at the Metrodome. Money for me right now is very tight and school rules my life. However, I am currently planning on going to a bar to watch the game. It will be on FSN here in Winona (or so I have checked) and that will allow me to watch the UNC and Michigan game tonight as well. I really hope UNC takes all because they have deserved it for the past 4 years. But mostly, I will be watching the game. However right now it looks like it will just be me sitting alone so I gotta find a buddy to go with.

Side note: I have seen a lot of people wearing Twins clothing. I personally am just wearing my hat and spring training zip-up. Tomorrow I am wearing my Mauer jersey just to piss-off the Sox fans in my Circuits class. I already made fun of one them since the Sox won't be playing tonight due to the weather. Lets just hope we win tonight so I can brag about something.

My weekend was pretty uneventful. I had a good time Friday in Winona. Then I had to go to a meeting all day on campus for Orientation Leader Training. However, this was my third time doing this so now it is just old news and not as exciting as it should be. Luckily, I got to leave for 1.5 hours to go to dance rehearsal. Then I had to drive to the cities. My mom made an excellent dinner that included steak, twice baked potatoes and green beans. It was amazing. Then Sunday I worked till 3:45, had another great dinner of Ribs and then relaxed and watched One Tree Hill with my mom. I got her hooked now and it makes me happy.

I have a short week here at school. They give us Good Friday off so I will be back home Thursday night. I am really excited to see my family once again. It feels too long since I have seen some of them and there has been good news since Christmas. My cousin Emily found out that she will be having another boy in August.

Well, here is a toast to hope that the Twins can get a W tonight. We got a good chance with LIriano pitching. I cannot wait till 7:10 tonight! GO TWINS!

0 comments: