BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm back

So I haven't written since Wednesday and I figured it is probably a good idea to update on the past few days. So here I go. Warning, it will probably be long.

Wednesday's game was pretty much depressing. The good thing for me is I stopped watching after the score was 5-2. (that's the last score that I remember seeing) My friends and I polished off a liter of Rum before the game so my memory is kinda fuzzy. I did get to talk to an old friend of mine that I haven't actually had a decent conversation with in over 3 years at the game. It was nice to be able to talk to him again since he was such a good friend back in high school. I also saw a few more friends from high school wandering around the concourse which isn't a surprise since I grew up only 15 mins away from the Metrodome. When did we leave? I don't know remember. All I know is that we crammed 7 people in my car and made it to Dinkytown without getting pulled over (thank god). We ended up heading back to Winona the next morning bright and early and made it back in time for my 9:30 class.

I'm not even going to try to analyze the game. All I will say is that since the Twins decided not to give 100% towards the game, I didn't either. I also got told twice (once from my mom and once from my friend Drew) that I was not allowed to go to more Twins games (Drew said without him there too.) More on that later.

Thursday I came home after my dance class at 8:30pm. All I was looking forward to was having a gin and tonic. However, when I got home, half of my gin was drank and all my tonic water was gone. I was pissed off!! My roommate had her 18th birthday party that night at the house and so we had a lot of people over so I couldn't put up a fight. It would of been one thing if I would have gotten a call or a text asking if they could use my stuff, but no. They didn't even try. This only makes me more anxious to get out of this house! I also found out yesterday that the gallon of water that I had at the house was gone. I can't stand the water from the tap so I bring my own filtered water and it was gone. Again, not happy.

Friday was a GORGEOUS day out! After classes got done, I got lunch and sat outside where I take dance classes and tanned for a little bit. I was actually able to see a tan line! After I had my dance rehearsal, I went home before going out for Laura's 21st Birthday celebration (Laura was one of my roommates last year). I had listened to the Twins game on the radio on the drive home and was really upset when we gave up so many runs in the 7th inning I believe. Anyways, I started driving to the U of M when we started our rally. Right as I was about to pull onto the freeway, Jason Kubel hits the Grand Slam to have the Twins up by 2 runs and him complete the cycle. I was so excited and knew I was going to get a phone call from my mom, I pulled over on the on-ramp to find my phone. As I was searching, I ended up accidentally breaking the strap on my top! Luckily I had a spare shirt in my car to change into once I got to Dinkytown. Either way, I was too excited about the grand slam and eventually the win to care. I then made it to Dinkytown when a lot of the Twins fans were coming in so the energy at the bars was fun!

Saturday I worked all day, then went home and relaxed with my mom. I was in bed by 10:30pm and didn't care. I had to wake up at 4:50 the next morning to go to work. I worked till 11 and then went to the Twins game with some work people (Including Drew. Hence why I could go). This game was A LOT better than Wednesday. I actually watched the entire game and was able to pay attention to it. Shocking, I know. Perkins pitched a GREAT game and it was really nice to see a quality start from our pitching staff. As always, it was fun to watch Gomez get infield hits and beat out the throw. Harris has been ON FIRE lately and I hope he gets more playing time with the hot bat.

Sunday after I got home I started feeling like I crap. I ended up getting really sick by the end of the night and still didn't feel better the next day. I'm feeling better now (minus the fact that my stomach is upset right now) so I hope it isn't something super serious.

I have less than 2 weeks until finals!!! After finals are done, I have a week of no school, just dance rehearsals/shows. Then the next week I start my 3-week long class. Since I don't have a job, I'm guessing my days will be this: wake up, go to class, nap, go out downtown Winona, repeat. Ya, hard life right? :)

This week shouldn't be too bad for me. I get to spend my Friday night in Winona and that usually means great fun for me. More late probably from me. See ya!

1 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

Great Post! Good luck on your finals!